Mrs. Coleman in the Pantanal

Saturday, July 24, 2004

The face of the salina

This is about 6:30 in the morning, the waters of the salina reflecting like a mirror.

Some of the best things about this trip were the people. For things to do, the research was great fun - not just for me but also for each of the 12 teachers who participated - 9 from the U.S., 2 from the U.K. one from Brazil. I guess that is why we each became teachers, we just like stuff like this a lot.

Next to those things was the scenery. What an incredibly beautiful place. It is funny to me when I think back to when I first received my fellowship award. I didn't really want to go to Brazil, I had no idea what was here, and how very glad I am that this is the place I was sent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
 
>